Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Power of Yellow

  It was a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon and I was outside staining my Adirondack chairs a wonderful yellow. I wanted a color that would make the yard pop. After I had put one coat on I sat down to enjoy a drink and chat with Anthony. He was sitting on my lap and we were discussing bees and "waspes" as he calls them. All of a sudden something absolutely amazing happened. A butterfly came up on to the deck and fluttered right by us. It was the biggest yellow butterfly unlike anything I have ever seen. I do not remember ever seeing a yellow butterfly. I have only witnessed the little white ones or the orange Monarchs. It was breathtaking and it left both Anthony and I utterly speechless. All we could do was stare at each other both knowing exactly what and who it was...Kari. I take that moment and hold it tight....I will never forget that moment.
A few days later I was catching up with my best friend Drina and she said that she had the most spectacular story to share.
She was outside in her garden and the biggest most beautiful yellow butterfly fluttered into her yard. Without even a pause she spoke out loud "Kari...it's you!...you are so beautiful. You're O.K I know you are....My Mom is with you..is she O.K?" She thought nothing of the fact that she was talking to a butterfly because she knew she wasn't.....it was Kari.
Drina, Anthony and I were blessed with the opportunity to spend a few precious moments with our beautiful yellow butterfly...but what is so dear to my spirit at this moment is the fact that we shared it together....not in the same yard and not at the same time but in the same spiritual way. We are in tune with the many wonders that life has to offer and we are walking the same spiritual journey together. Being best friends is in itself the most precious gift but to be able to share our spirits is the best blessing ever!


Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

 
Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine.  ~Jeffrey Glassberg
  

No comments:

Post a Comment