Friday 29 June 2012

A beautiful surprise

Anthony's last day of Kindergarten was on Thursday June 27th.....I can't believe my baby has evolved into a kindergarten graduate!!! The time has gone by so quickly. I remember people always saying "oh they grow up so quickly"...I can say that is the absolute truth. 
He came home with a bunch of stuff but the most precious was his Coronation School Kindergarten Portfolio. His teacher, Mrs. Webb had gathered everything that they did throughout the year and put it together in a memory book. What a wonderful idea!
I looked through the portfolio smiling at everything that I saw but the one that caught my eye and most of all my heart was the 3rd page. It was a watercolor painting of a butterfly! His description card said that he chose a butterfly because they are beautiful and special.  
I know that Anthony has a special connection with Kari and as time goes on more moments present themselves as a way of solidifying that relationship.  Kari and Anthony only had a few short months to really get to know one another but it is one that didn't need alot of time to form the deep roots.
It is also said that children are very spiritual it is the grown ups who squash it....some of us are scared to accept the fact that children see or hear or connect with the ones that have left this earth....I want to nurture this ability with Anthony. I am very spiritual and I want Anthony to embrace it if he chooses to.
Anthony's painting has a special place by Kari so that she can enjoy it while we do.....

1 comment: