Sunday 19 February 2012

"It"

I have been creating earrings, bracelets and necklaces for about 6 months now and I think I have finally found my "it" piece. It has almost felt like Kari has been sitting with me..."hey Auntie try this"...or "I would do this" steering my creativity towards my own identity. It took a while but I think that this neclace is exactly what I have been somehow working towards.... I tried alot of stuff with the seed beads then on to the bigger beads.....tons of different earrings and a few different styles of necklaces. I am always drawn to the funkier side and I love silver. I had purchased some pendants and the note on the package said "Replace with your own photo"....for a few of them I didn't since the picture that was already in it was actually quite funky on it's own. It hit me one day to put pink butterflies in them...one both sides. I added the "bling" as Kari loved to add bling to everything she had.



The time spent getting to this point is representative of life...you can't rush the process. You may have an idea of where you want to be but you have no idea of what it will take to get there. Every step you take may not lead straight ahead and may actually be a speed bump but ultimately I believe with patience, faith and trust we will get there. When we do there will be such a sense of peace and joy and we will know that the tribulations we faced made us stronger and more accepting of the journey.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the only one who'll decide where you'll go. ~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment