Saturday 15 October 2011

 


Welcome to Pink Flutter Designs. My name is Katherine Anderson and this is my very first blog!  

I created Pink Flutter Designs in loving memory of my niece Kari Noelle Jenkins and her daughter Jayda Arline Jenkins who both passed away in the spring of this year. My sister Charlene, gave me Kari's bead supplies as she knew I would do something good with them. I have to say that I had no idea how to make anything with beads! I used a couple of the necklaces that Kari had made which were given to me, as an example.























 
I researched on the web a number of "how to's" and
I gave it a try.  The very first necklace I made turned out perfect....in my mind anyway!























 I knew that Kari was guiding me every step of the way. I have made a few more but they were certainly not perfect. Every time I hit a glitch I would get frustrated but I knew that Kari was just making me "do it right". I kept on trying, sometimes over and over again. 
I then tried stretch bracelets which seemed relatively easy. My favorite so far has been the earrings. I have stood in the craft store bead isle for what felt like hours staring at all of the different shapes, sizes and colors of beads available. There are SO many! It has been alot of fun trying different combinations and creating jewelry which I love. My hope is that others will also.  
As I continue to learn how to make jewelry and how to "blog" I look forward to sharing all of the wonderful things I will be able to create. I feel that this helps me to stay connected to Kari and Jayda's spirits and I would love to be able to share this with everyone they touched.  They are always in our minds and forever in our hearts!! xox



No comments:

Post a Comment