Saturday 5 May 2012

Love will carry you through

http://vimeo.com/runwild/leading-edge-runwild-marathon

This video always inspires and motivates me to push through.

Last year I ran this race the day after Kari passed away which was the most difficult day of my life. I thought about not going in the race but staying home would not bring Kari back.

I put on my running gear, had a hearty breakfast and went to the race. I am pretty sure I ran it in a state of shock and on adrenalin. My best friend Drina and I started out together but by about the half way mark we split up. It was an uncommunicated..."Go on Katherine you can do it without me right beside you"....I did do it. I actually talked to Kari the rest of the way telling her "I helped you...now it's your turn to help me". At one point my legs felt like they were going to give out but I pushed through and let the love carry me the rest of the way. It was extremely overwhelming once I approached the finish line...I never imagined that I would be able to run a 10 km race...I did it!!! Tony and Anthony were waiting for me at the finish line and it was amazing......

This year I am running it alone as Drina is unable to. I was disappointed of course when I found out she couldn't come but when I thought about it... I was able to finish it alone last year, I will be able to run it alone this year. Even though I will be alone in body I won't be alone in spirit. I know that Kari and Jayda will be flying beside me..maybe they will even let me hitch a ride on their wings!!!

I have a goal set for tomorrow but if I don't meet it that's O.K. I am proud of myself and what I have been able to accomplish. 

We all have things that we are scared to do or feel we can't do but if we let the love carry us through we can do just about anything you set our minds to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment